WMAN brings together diverse and disparate groups. Together we are stronger, more informed and more effective citizen advocates than if measured as a sum of our individual participants.
To this end, WMAN hosts the following programmatic function
- 2020 Webinars and Workshops
- 2019 Webinars and Lectures
- 2018 Webinars and Lectures
- 2017 Webinars and Lectures
- 2016 Lectures and Webinars
- 2015 Webinar Series
- 2013-2014 Lecture Series (free, call-in series)
- Electronic communications (multiple list serves, website, Facebook)
- Regional and issue caucuses to address interests of common concern
- Large conferences to build skills, plan strategy, increase technical knowledge, attract media attention to mining issues, and share information of common interest
- Free conference calls and webinars featuring skills training (e.g. working with the media, fundraising, legal rights, corporate campaigning) and information sharing (e.g. updates on national policies, company track records, market trends)
- The IEN-WMAN Mining Mini-Grant program offers financial assistance to communities that are threatened or adversely affected by mining in the U.S. and Canada. Our goal is to give at least 50% of the Mini-Grants to Indigenous communities.